The NDA (National Defense Academy) is a first-level institute that trains cadets (candidates) to choose for the Indian Armed Forces (Indian Army, Indian and Indian Navy Air Force) as an official. Candidates may enter the National Academy Qualification Examination (NDA 2017) organized by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission). Through this article, applicants can find detailed information on the application form, test dates, qualification and eligibility age, program and exam model.
Exam dates 2017 NDA
The NDA 2017 notification of examination dates and academic calendar was posted by UPSC. As the review of the NDA in 2017 will be conducted twice in 2017. The authority was released the dates of examination for the two reviews. The exam date is subject to change by the conducting body, it is advisable for students to visit this page regularly for the latest updates. The dates of the NDA examinations in 2017 are listed below:
|vents||Dates (NDA I)||Dates (NDA II)|
|Notification release||18th January, 2017||7th June 2017|
|Application form release||18th January, 2017||7th June 2017|
|Last date to submit the application form||10th February, 2017||30th June 2017 (6:00 PM)
|Admit card release||29th March 2017||one or two weeks before exam|
|Exam date||23rd April, 2017||10th September 2017|
|Result declaration||18th July 2017||October, 2017|
NDA 2017 Admit card
The NDA 2017 admission card will be transmitted by the authority in online mode in August 2017. Candidates can download the admission card through the official UPSC website. There is no other method other than online, it will be entertaining for the available admission card. Applicants indicate that it is mandatory to use the admission card in the examination center.
NDA Exam Pattern
- Sections: The NDA entrance examination will be asked in two subsequent sections; written test and intelligence & personality test.
- Type of Questions: The question paper of written test will contain objective type questions and sectioned in code 1 & 2.
- Marks for Code 1: Code 1 will comprise of Mathematics questions of 300 marks while code 2 will comprise of general ability questions of 600 marks.
- Marks for Code 2: Code 2 will be divided in 2 sections as A & B. Section A will cover Math of 200 marks while section B will cover general knowledge of 400 marks.
- Language: The paper will be of both language Hindi & English.
- Answering Method: Each question will have four optional answer candidates have to choose the right one only.
- Negative Marking: There will be negative marking for incorrect response given by candidates in the objective type questions.
- Candidates use only black ball pen to mark answers.
- Subjects: The NDA exam paper will be consisted of two parts i.e. Mathematics and General Ability Test.
- Mode of Exam: The paper will be held through offline mode.